Getting to Arrifana Surf Lodge
How to get here...
Arrival at the Algarve region is easily done by air. The regional capital, Faro (airport code : FAO), has airline links with all major European cities. Cheap flights can be found with Thompsonfly, Ryanair and several regular companies.
Guests also have the option of flying into Lisbon and catching a bus service direct to Aljezur.
We are located about 1 hr 15min drive from Faro airport. We offer free pick up and drop off in Aljezur or Lagos.** Lagos is about 30 min drive from Arrifana Surf Lodge and we are about 10 minutes drive from the town of Aljezur. Listed below are several ways to get to us from Faro airport.
When arriving from Lisbon the best option is to take the bus direct to Aljezur bus station. It is a four hour journey and can bookings can be made directly online at www.rede-expressos.pt/Default.aspx.
Arrival from Faro airport:
- Hire a car: Rent a car from Autorent for around Eur 70 - Eur 120 per week. Book now at http://www.autorent.pt/ar/
- Shuttle transfer: www.cheapesttaxis.com offer transfers to Lagos for around Eur 20 per person. Someone will meet you in arrivals at Faro and drop you off in Lagos. When booking the shuttle transfer please state Lagos bus station as your drop off point.
- Train: There is a regular train service which leaves Faro train station and arrives at Lagos train station. It costs around Eur6 each way. Check out www.cp.pt for a schedule.
- Bus: The bus station in Faro is located within 200 yards of the train station and is the cheapest option to getting to Lagos. Check out www.eva-bus.com for all the bus timetables.
- Private airport transfer: We will arrange for someone to meet you at the arrivals area in Faro airport to take you directly to Arrifana Surf Lodge. The private shuttle transfer/taxi costs around Eur 120 each way and is a great option if you are traveling in a group or if you arrive late in the evening and are unable to arrange another method of transport. Please contact Sarah at Arrifana Surf Lodge at least 7 days before to arrange the transfer!
** Free transfers to and from Lagos are unavailable between the hours of 12pm and 5am.
***Note: By far one of the easiest way to get to us is via the shuttle service. The transport company www.cheapesttaxis.com offer airport transfers to/from Lagos from around 40 Eur return (about a 1 hour ride one way). Upon arrival in Lagos a staff member will meet you and give you a ride to Arrifana Surf Logde (free of charge). Upon departure you will get a ride back to Lagos to catch the airport transfer.
It is approximately 1hr and 15 min drive by car to the lodge from the airport. When using the transport company to Lagos the trip will be slightly longer due to more stops etc.